Kids At Risk: Snapchat - The Newest Drug Dealing Trend
A special collaborative virtual CEU event with the Scottsdale Youth & Community Coalition and the AZ Air National Guard on August 6th, 2021 from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM.
Presented by: Sgt. Ashley Thompson and Rachel Rubenstein, LCSW
This presentation discusses the Snapchat application itself; Identify the applications origins, the appeal to our youth, who is currently using Snapchat, how they are using it, and the risks associated with using it. This presentation will review criminal cases involving Snapchat and show an actual case of how a family can be personally impacted. Finally, we will discuss the role that professionals, parents, and caretakers can do to protect the youth in our lives.
In this presentation, attendees will learn:
- What is Snapchat - the draw, the features, the emojis
- Who is using Snapchat
- How to access the application
- Risks of Snapchat
- State incidents
- Law Enforcement Perspectives
- What you can do to protect a child and help children already struggling
- Resources to assist with helping youth
Missed the presentation? Watch the recording below!