Aurora’s Summer Program For Teens offers structured therapeutic day treatment program to address common challenges associated with emotional and behavioral management including anxiety, depression, self-harm, poor social skills, and/or substance use during the summer months. Teenagers ages 13-17 will focus on identifying triggers and developing skills to improve coping mechanisms, improve communication, and increase social skills to help manage challenges in the home, school, and community.
Utilizing a group processing model, patients will follow a structured curriculum that incorporates emotional regulation, interpersonal intelligence, peer collaboration, distress tolerance, and goal setting to address each individual’s therapeutic goals.
Summer Team Program is offered five days a week Monday-Friday 11:00 am – 4:00 pm for up to 8 weeks.
Additional Benefits of the Program:
• Inpatient level treatment in a less restrictive setting.
• Increased ability to navigate through crisis situations effectively, reducing the need for crisis involvement and risk for out of home placement.
• Increased positive self-image, social skills and self-esteem.
• Empowerment to utilize skills in home and community environments while working through the program.
Common Treatment Needs:
• Mood management
• Dealing with anger effectively
• Depression and anxiety
• Substance use
• Social Skills, self-awareness and self esteem
• Healthy communication and boundaries
• Relationships and support
• Grief, loss and trauma resolution
• Self-injurious behaviors
• Maintaining recovery and wellness
• Goal setting and life skills
To learn more details about our Summer Program For Teens, please see our brochure and call our 24/7 Patient Services Helpline at: 480.378.2718