Providing Affirming Care for Transgender/Nonbinary Clients
Presented by Isaac M. Akapnitis, LMSW
This workshop will provides an introduction to affirming and supportive care for transgender/nonbinary (TGNB) clients. This will include learning and discussion of:
- Appropriate terminology, e.g., differentiation between sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, etc.
- Strengths, unique concerns, and challenges TGNB communities face
- Social, legal, and medical aspects of transition
- Affirming methods for building therapeutic rapport and alliance with TGNB clients
- Resources for referrals, continuing education, and community advocacy
To access the resources mentioned in the presentation, click here.
Having trouble playing the video below? Watch the full presentation here.