There are many benefits that come from exercising regularly, both for your body and your mind. It doesn’t matter where you are on your fitness journey, all that matters is you keep moving forward towards your goals. Here are some things to keep in mind about exercise and how it plays a role in your mental health.
Mental Health Benefits:
· In just five minutes of exercise, you can make big changes to your overall mood in a positive, healthy way.
· Exercise has been shown to help alleviate symptoms of mild to moderate depression and helps maintain mental health when used as part of your mental wellness routine.
· Exercise can be a great stress reliever and has been shown to help reduce symptoms of anxiety.
· A regular exercise routine may help improve your quality of sleep and help alleviate common sleep issues common with various mental health conditions. Getting quality sleep is essential for our bodies and mind to function at their best!
Physical Health Benefits:
· A boost in energy levels.
· Exercise decreases blood pressure and heart rate.
· Helps maintain healthy weight.
· Enhances your immune system.
Here’s a few tips to help you get started:
· Start slowly and increase the length and intensity of your activity as you progress.
· Any effort you put into your health through exercise will make a meaningful impact on your wellness.
· Develop an exercise routine and schedule that’s realistic for you. If you have breaks in your schedule, use those to fit in a quick workout!
· Avoid exercise close to bedtime as this can interfere with falling asleep.
If you are ready to integrate fitness into your life but are not sure where to start, look no further, Mountainside Fitness has you covered! Mountainside has several state-of-the-art facilities across the state with expert staff to help you reach your fitness goals.
While their doors may be closed during the COVID-19 pandemic, they’ve opened their doors online to provide workout classes at home FREE to the public! These classes are perfect for all ages and challenge levels. Thank you, Mountainside Fitness, for helping our communities reach their fitness goals during this time as we stay connected at a distance.
FREE workouts on their website: www.mountainsidefitness.com/homeworkout