Summer Program for Teens
Aurora’s Summer Program for Teens offers structured therapeutic day treatment to address common teen issues including anxiety, depression, self-harm, poor social skills, and/or substance use during the summer months.
Teenagers ages 13-17 will focus on identifying triggers, learn to develop new coping skills, improve communication, and increase social skills to help manage challenges in the home, school, and community.
Using a group model, patients will follow a structured curriculum that incorporates emotional regulation, interpersonal skills, peer collaboration, distress tolerance, and goal setting to address each individual’s therapeutic goals.
- Begins June 8th, 2020.
- Offered Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM for up to 8 weeks.
- Half-day option available.
- Offered at both Tempe and Glendale locations.
- Transportation may be available.
- Lunch will be provided.
- In-network with most insurance providers.
Schedule a free, confidential assessment - call us today (877)870-7012
Additional Benefits of the Program:
• Inpatient level treatment in a less restrictive setting.
• Increased ability to navigate through crisis situations effectively, reducing the need for crisis involvement and risk for out of home placement.
• Increased positive self-image, social skills and self-esteem.
• Teens are empowered to use new skills in their home and community environments while working through the program.
Common Treatment Needs:
• Mood management
• Dealing with anger effectively
• Depression and anxiety
• Substance use
• Social skills, self-awareness, and self esteem
• Healthy communication and boundaries
• Relationships and support
• Grief, loss and trauma resolution
• Self-injurious behaviors
• Goal setting and life skills
To learn more or to schedule a free, confidential assessment, call us today (877)870-7012