Adult Inpatient Mental Health Services
At Aurora Behavioral Health System, our Inpatient Adult Services treats patients, 18 years and older, who are experiencing psychiatric, emotional and/or substance abuse problems. Our hospital offers a safe and secure environment staffed with caring and highly trained professionals, providing an atmosphere that promotes stabilization and healing.
Our dedicated and caring team works to assess and rapidly stabilize adults who are experiencing severe psychological symptoms. The goal of treatment is to reduce and manage the patient’s symptoms and to help the patient learn about his/her illness and treatment.
Patients may enter our inpatient program due to:
- Mood Disorders (Depression, Bipolar Disorder)
- Anxiety Disorders (Generalized Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Agoraphobia)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Poor impulse control
- Suicidal thoughts or attempt(s)
- Self-harm behaviors
- Threatened, attempted or engaged in physical violence to others
- Substance abuse
- Delusions, hallucinations, schizophrenia
- Stabilization on medication / medication adjustments
An individualized treatment plan is developed for each patient, and an aftercare plan assists in the transition to outpatient care and community services.
Aurora works closely with other professionals and social supports identified by the patient in order to ensure a strong continuing care plan to assist the client in long-term recovery.
We work with each patient as an individual, addressing each of his or her unique needs through a multidisciplinary treatment approach. Our multidisciplinary treatment team includes physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, family counselors, nurses, adjunctive therapists and dieticians. Patients will gain skills in the areas of developing healthy boundaries, learning how to appropriately express emotions, using effective communication skills, increasing self-esteem, managing anger and developing life skills.
Aurora recognizes the need for a holistic approach to treatment, which offers multiple avenues of engaging patients in the treatment process. We focus on a variety of practical treatment approaches including:
- Group and family therapy sessions
- Recreational and expressive therapies
- Art Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Movement Therapy (yoga, tai chi, meditation)
- Stress management and coping skills
- Life skills
- Patient education to improve understanding of the illness
- Chaplain services and spirituality groups
- Aftercare and discharge planning
- Intensive assessment and evaluation
- Medication management and education
It is our goal to provide patients with new healthy skills that they will use for life as we help them down their road to recovery.
Help is only a phone call away. Aurora is where healing starts and the road to recovery begins.
We accept admissions 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For more information, please contact our 24/7 Patient Services Helpline at: (877) 870-7012